Today I am a quarter of a century old. To be honest I never thought I would be this old, it was a number beyond where I could imagine or visualize but the last few years have just gone by in a blur and here I am, 25 years young and finally able to rent a car without paying an age penalty.
Following up from the open source resolutions, here’s what I’m going to aim for this year in no particular order:
- Learn a language where WP has a big impact (probably Spanish).
- Take more videos, post at least 2 a month.
- Post 10,000 photos in 2009.
- Post at least one book a month I’ve enjoyed.
- Don’t try to do everything myself.
- Redesign Ma.tt! (And get back up in the search engine rankings for “Matt” on Google.)
- Post more personal stuff. (Like this.)
- Spend more time working with and coaching other young entrepreneurs and startups.
- Donate to 5 Open Source projects that touch my life daily.
- Learn to make/prepare one food item a month.
- Launch, launch, launch! (Real artists ship.)
- Get people to capitalize WordPress correctly, and stop using the fake mis-proportioned W. (Here are some correct ones.)
- Print my favorite picture of another person every month and send it to that person in a picture frame.
- Reinstate WordPress Wednesdays and make it easier to do an amazing photoblog with WP.
This is the seventh year I’ve blogged my birthday: 19, 20, 21, 22, and 23, and 24. If you had asked me 7 years ago where I would be today I couldn’t have imagined all of the amazing things that have happened, the incredible people I’ve met, and the communities that I’ve become a part of. Thank you. Here’s to the next 25.