Later this week I’m heading on a speaking tour of a number of cities in Asia, Australia, and New Zealand talking about the past and future of WordPress and some of the things I’ve learned in the past few years of building WordPress and Automattic. It’s been a number of years since I’ve visited these countries, and I’ve never been to Korea, Singapore, Melbourne, or Auckland before, so really looking forward to meeting the local communities in each of these cities and learning about how we can best set up WordPress for the coming decade of growth, especially in languages other than English.
If you’re near any of these cities and want to come by check out the following links for more information. Even if it says “sold out” already, as many are, put your name on the waitlist anyway because I know some places are already searching for larger venues, and there could always be cancellations or spaces open up at the last minute.
- Sunday, June 1: Seoul, South Korea
- Monday, June 2: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Wednesday, June 4: Singapore (info)
- Friday, June 6: Tokyo, Japan
- Saturday, June 7: Osaka, Japan
- Monday, June 9: Manila, Philippines
Australia & New Zealand
- Thursday, June 12: Melbourne
- Monday, June 16: Sydney
- Tuesday, June 17: Wellington
- Wednesday, June 18: Auckland
The schedule might be a little exhausting, but I wanted to make it as many communities as possible in the short window of time I have before I need to be stateside again.