Partly as a personal todo list, and partly as a special bonus for Photo Matt readers, here’s what’s currently done or in development for WordPress .72, slated for release on [date]. This is in no particular order.
- Improved quicktags — create ordered and unordered lists easier,
<ins>support WITH datetime attribute, possibly cursor aware.
- HTML Sanitation — Bad code checks in, but it doesn’t check out.
- MetaWeblog API support
- Multiple category support
- Completely revamped options system, never edit a configuration file ever again.
- Password-protected entries
- Movable Type import
There are going to be some under the hood changes mainly paving the way for multi-blog support. Also significant is the documentation efforts that have been ongoing. A few other changes mostly related to RSS may or may not make it in, depending on how quickly everything comes together.