This is a cool talk from Chamath Palihapitiya from a few years ago in 2013 which makes it extra interesting. It seems like a smaller audience so it’s fun and unguarded. (Though a great thing about Chamath is he’s incredibly candid in every context.) You can’t see the slides in the video, and there’s not much to them, but here they are:
Here are the values he talks about at the end:
- Very high IQ.
- Strong sense of purpose.
- Relentless focus on success.
- Aggressive and competitive.
- High quality bar bordering on perfectionism.
- Likes changing and disrupting things.
- New ideas on how to do things better.
- High integrity.
- Surrounds themselves with good people.
- Cares about building real value over perception.