I have a few quotes and thoughts in the WSJD article At Lavish SXSW Festival, Some Avoid Marketing Circus.
The chat I had the other week with Reid Hoffman is now online. Reid is such a thoughtful guy it’s my favorite interview in a while. We cover a lot of ground, including expanding WordPress’ (and Automattic’s) mission from “Democratize publishing” to “Democratize publishing and development.” Give it a watch!
I have a few engagements in the coming week in the San Francisco area and online:
- Later today I’ll be on the WordPress-focused podcast Dradcast.
- This evening there will be a Patent Happy Hour co-hosted by Engine Advocacy, EFF, and Automattic.
- On Thursday the 20th I’ll be speaking with Kent Goldman as part of the First Round Capital Dorm Room Fund Speaker Series at Stanford Graduate School of Business.
- Friday the 21st I’ll be talking with Reid Hoffman as part of the LinkedIn Speaker Series at their campus, and it will also be broadcast online.
- Tuesday the 25th I’ll be on the WP Think Tank panel discussion with a number of other notable WordPress community members.
- On Wednesday the 26th I’ll be interviewing Ben Rattray of Change.org at the Commonwealth Club.
I spoke with Sarah Millstein at the Lean Startup Conference earlier in the week. After a bit of intro we talk about how Automattic iterates, approaches hiring, and management.
Have you seen the famous Automattic / WordPress shuffleboard? That and more in this excellent profile and interview by Debra Winter in SOMA Magazine.
I spoke to Robin Hough at the Guardian about WordPress and Automattic’s mission to democratize publishing.